Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Paris '06

While in architecture school, I did a semester abroad in Paris in the Spring of 2006.    Here are a few of my early attempts at using watercolor.  

 Place des Vosges

I had gotten married on New Year's Eve of '05, and my wife and I spent the first week of '06 together in Paris.  She was able to spend a total of two months with me of the five I was there.  We shared a small walk-up apartment on the fifth floor of an ancient, tumbled-down building with another married couple, just north of the Centre Pompidou.  It was cheap and it was great.  The first few months were pretty cold and rainy, but when the weather warmed up, it was easy to get inspired.  These pictures really show the crowded public spaces and people enjoying Springtime in Paris.


Sacré-Cœur
 I think I did these over a period of just a few days.  I and everyone else, it seems, were ready to get outside.

Place de l'Opera




Centre Pompidou




And a few quick sketches:

From Le News Café on the Rue d'Assas looking into the Luxembourg Gardens.






                
Gendarmes                                                                      Young Love



Saint-Germain-des-Prés








No comments:

Post a Comment